Temple University's Pre-Med Health Scholar Program allows students the chance to excel in the competitive, changing field of health care. The program is designed for high-achieving students who have distinguished themselves with impressive high school academic records and a demonstrated interest in the field of medicine.
First, apply to Temple University via the Common Application. The undergraduate application to Temple University and the Application for the Health Scholars Program are two separate applications. Applicants for Health Scholars must also be candidates for Early Action. Complete the Common Application by November 1.
Complete Pre-Med Health Scholar Application
Application available October 2022.
Pre-Med Health Scholar Selection Requirements
- Four years of high school math and science
- Unweighted (4.0 scale) High School GPA of 3.8 or higher
- Two letters of recommendation
- Volunteer exposure in health care settings
- Demonstrated commitment to service/volunteer activities
The Pre-Med Health Scholar program allows for provisional acceptance to the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University on a standard (4+4) track. Accepted scholars have the option to request consideration for an accelerated (3+4) track during their first semester at Temple University. To be considered for admission to LKSOM, Health Scholars must meet the following minimum requirements by January of their Junior year of college:
- Course credits as detailed under the agreement
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.6
- A cumulative undergraduate science GPA of 3.6
- MCAT minimum composite score of 509 with no section less than 126
- Volunteer exposure to the health care professions, community service, and research
Accelerated 3+4 Selection Requirements
- Must be accepted as a Pre-Med Health Scholar
- 3+4 Application submitted during first semester at Temple University
- Final decision made after review of first semester grades
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any additional questions not found here, feel free to reach out to us directly.