The 2023 Symposium will be held on Thursday, March 30, 2023.
The Symposium for Undergraduate Research and Creativity provides ambitious, intellectually motivated undergraduate students the opportunity to present and defend their original research or creative work among peers, faculty, family, and friends. Through its emphasis on original research and creative work, the Symposium seeks to inspire undergraduate students to analyze, critique, and engage with the world around them. We welcome research or creative work from every discipline. Symposium participation is on a competitive basis.
- Current full-time undergraduates from all Temple schools and colleges.
- Work on the research or creative project must be complete at the time of submission.
- Work must be endorsed by a Temple faculty member.
- Students may submit multiple projects. However, if more than one project is accepted, the student will have to choose which project they will present.
- The Symposium is a celebration of a community of scholars and artists. Presenters are strongly encouraged to attend the full day to support and learn from each other.
Past Symposium Programs
- 2022 Program (PDF)
- 2021 Program (PDF)
- 2020 Program (PDF)
- 2019 Program (PDF)
- 2018 Program (PDF)
- 2017 Program (PDF)
- 2016 Program (PDF)
How to Apply
The 2023 Symposium submission form is now OPEN. The deadline is Feb. 2, 2023 at 11:59pm.
*Faculty may consult this submission review guide to familiarize themselves with the new submission format.
* CLA Faculty: Please see the Criteria for CLA Abstracts below and work with your nominees to ensure that their abstracts comply with those criteria in both content and length. Having a criteria-compliant abstract improves the prospects of project acceptance.
CLA Applicants should review the Criteria for CLA Abstracts prior to submission.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the appropriate school/college coordinator listed below.
If you have general questions about the Symposium, please email: email@example.com
Assistant Director for Undergraduate Enrichment
Associate Vice Provost
Symposium School and College Coordinators
Contact the appropriate school/college coordinator for questions regarding the application process.
Boyer College of Music and Dance
College of Education and Human Development
College of Engineering
College of Liberal Arts
College of Public Health
College of Science and Technology
Fox School of Business
Klein College of Media and Communication
School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management
School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
Tyler School of Art and Architecture