To better encourage and facilitate the transfer of Ocean County College to Temple University, Temple and Ocean County College have established articulation agreements with one another.
GenEd-to-GenEd and Core-to-Core Transfer Agreements
GenEd-to-GenEd and Core-to-Core Transfer agreements accept -- upon Temple evaluation and approval -- the general education requirements of approved associate degrees in lieu of Temple's Core or GenEd requirements. Students entering Temple with an approved Associate degree are identified upon admission to or enrollment in the University and their fulfillment of the General Education by a GenEd Transfer Agreement is noted on pertinent student records.
The following Ocean County College associate degrees are approved:
- an Associate in Science (A.S.) in
- Business Administration (A.S.)
- Computer Science (A.S.)
- Computer Science – Game Development/Design Option (A.S.)
- Computer Science – Information Systems Option (A.S.)
- Computer Science - Information Technology Option (A.S.)
- Engineering (A.S.)
- Environmental Science (A.S.)
- Homeland Security (A.S.)
- one of the following programs, if and only if the student is certified to Temple’s Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies by Ocean’s Office of Academic Affairs as having taken a mathematics course at a level appropriate to Temple’s QA/QB-level: currently, Ocean’s MATH 151, MATH 161, MATH 191, MATH 192, MATH 195, MATH 265, MATH 266, MATH 267 or higher:
- Criminal Justice (A.S.)
- Digital Mass Media – Journalism Option (A.A.)
- Digital Mass Media – Broadcast/Productions Option (A.A.)
- General Studies (A.S.)
- Global Studies (A.A.)
- Hospitality, Recreation, & Tourism Management (A.S.)
- Liberal Arts (A.A.)
- Performing Arts (A.A.)
- Public Service (A.S.)
Transfer students should be aware that GenEd-to-GenEd and Core-to-Core transfer relates only to University General Education requirements. All requirements of Temple’s schools and colleges and major programs of study remain in force.
Make sure that your final transcript, indicating receipt of the Associate degree, is available to your Temple advisor, so your advisor can make sure the proper transfer status is noted on your student record. Your official transcript must note the receipt of your degree for an advisor to update the system.
This agreement between Temple's academic schools and/or departments and Ocean County College provides accurate curricular information for prospective transfer students and their academic advisers by lining up associate degree requirements and baccalaureate requirements. The agreement indicates which courses students should take during their associate program in order to be prepared for the Temple baccalaureate program into which they wish to transfer. Temple and Ocean County College have entered into the following Program-to-Program agreement:
Programs and requirements are subject to change. Therefore, students should check periodically for updated materials. Students are advised to use these documents with the assistance of an advisor or counselor at Ocean County College.